Social media apps like OnlyFans, which require a fee to access, have been increasingly popular in recent years. It is set up like a social network, making it easy for customers to use. It’s important to point out that the platform is operated by a wide range of people, including A-list celebrities, bloggers, and influencers.
Even though OnlyFans has an app, the niche is pretty open for competition. Also, the COVID-19 pandemic and global quarantine make it hard for people to visit sites like this.
In this article, we’ll talk about the most critical parts of apps like OnlyFans clone, as well as the main steps in their development and how they make money. So, let us dive in!
People can sell their own content on OnlyFans, which is a social media site. Fans can sign up for the service and pay to watch their favorite artists. The best thing about the app is that there are no limits on what can be posted.
Since OnlyFans began in 2016, creators have been paid more than $600 million through the site. Creators can let fans pay for their content by signing up for a monthly subscription that costs between $4.99 and $49.99 per month (OnlyFans retains 20 percent commission). They may also have free pages with pay-per-view (PPV) content that fans have to pay. Some contributors have a free page as well as a paid page so that they can increase their earnings and spread them out.
The site has put limits on transactions. The PPV price was capped at $50 per post, and new fan tips couldn’t be more than $100. Also, they switched some countries from getting payments every week to getting prices every 21 days.
Right now, the most popular thing is apps like OnlyFans. If you decide to do a similar service, you have a good chance of becoming famous overnight. By putting money into a copycat app like OnlyFans, you can stand out and claim to be one of the best on the market.
In March 2020, there were 350,000 accounts for both users and creators. By the end of August 2020, 700,000 people were making content for OnlyFans. It is said that by December 2020, there will be more than 1 million creators on OnlyFans!
- Most artists don’t make money from OnlyFans. Most of them get less than $145 a month, which is true.
- Fenix International made a profit of £1,483,705 in the year ending in November 2018. After a year, this number went up to £4,037,452.
- Pay-per-view messages and tips make up the other 36 percent. Subscriptions bring in 64 percent of the money.
OnlyFans has a lot of fun features that creators and fans can use, and every year there are more and more. Here are the most important ones.
- Users need to be able to quickly sign in to the app with just a few pieces of information.
- Find profiles of creators.
- People should be able to search for specific profiles and choose the ones they like.
- It is essential to add chat functions. So, people will be able to talk to the people who made the game.
- Pay for content
- Customers can ask for content that is made just for them. I.e., happy birthday, etc., or to buy was already in the content of the creator’s profile.
- Suggestions: The app should give people personalized recommendations based on what they like.
- Notifications: Customers will tell you about any changes or important news.
- To make it better for the user, there should be more than one way to pay.
- Creator profile: People who want to make the content sign up for the app and tell it about what they want to make.
- Subscription plans: Creators should be able to make their own subscription plans so that their subscribers can get unlimited access.
- Share content: People who take photos or videos need to share them when their subscribers ask for them.
- Getting paid: After a platform’s commission is taken out, subscribers can pay the people who make the content. Creators can talk to their subscribers through chats or one-on-one phone calls. It can also be another way to make money.
- Request status: Creators of content can see all of their followers’ requests and what their status is.
- Handle the profiles of users: The administrator can see each user’s profile and can delete or block them if they don’t follow the rules of the app.
- Handle profiles of creators: The administrator can look at all of the requests from content creators to join the app and either accept or deny them.
- Set commission percentage: The admin can set the percentage for the platform, taking into account all of the different factors.
- View payments: All of the payment information is processed and shown to the administrator.
- Manage advertisement: By putting ads on the platform, admins can help other projects and make money.
- Manage alerts: The admin should be in charge of the notifications that are sent to customers.
Now that you know about the essential parts, it’s time to move on to the main stages of making an app like OnlyFans.
Let’s get into the specifics now. What do the different parts of the change mean? Why does everything take so long? What steps must be handled?
1. Analysis of the business
A good business analyst knows how to calculate and avoid risks, keep track of how development is going, and make sure that the project gives a high return on investment right away. At this point, the Code&Care team gives you a full-fledged planner with clear milestones.
2. Design & development
The way your site looks will have an immediate effect on how people feel about it and how likely they are to come back, so try to make everything as stylish, easy, and convenient as possible. Step one is to come up with a basic style. The second step is to make details like an authorization form, profile management, chat, payments, settings, administration, accounts, posts, etc.
3. Front-end development
The platform looks simple, but its design, performance, and functionality are the result of a lot of hard work by a team of developers. When making plans for functionality, you need to think about every single detail.
4. Development of the back-end
To be successful in back-end development, one must have good developer abilities and a deep understanding of the technology. Setting up the environment, starting a project, designing and building the database, getting ready for deployment, authorizing, subscribing, unsubscribing, and blocking users, managing profiles, sending notifications, accepting payments, integrating with the payment system, wallets, commissions, etc., are the essential functions.
5. Trying out
A big project like making an app like OnlyFans needs a lot of testing at every step of the way to make sure there are no bugs and the user experience is excellent.
The next step is to put the app on your server and send it to the major app platforms.
The Code&Care team is ready to help with the project and keep it up to date after it starts.
There are a few most common ways to make money with an app like OnlyFans. These are:
- Premium subscriptions
The price for a subscription can be set by the people who make the content. Followers can pay any amount each month to be a part of their group. It lets people who create content make money from it, and platform owners also get a cut.
Creators can run Livestream, and viewers can send tips with different requests.
- Premium messaging
Customers can send personal messages to creators to talk to them. Statements work on a “pay-per-view” basis. It means that people can write to the content creators for free, but they have to pay to see the response.
- Referral program
A referral program will help people who make content. Creators can invite other creators to join the app and get a cut of what those creators make.
For MVP, the final cost of making an app like OnlyFans can range from $20,000 to $30,000. It will cost about $50,000 to make a full-fledged product. A wide range of factors can influence the price of a product. How many platforms (iOS or Android), how much design complexity, and how many hours it will take to build an app are all factors.
The first step to making an app like OnlyFans is to read this article. Estimating costs and time may seem hard, but keep in mind that the money will be worth it quickly.