Old School RuneScape (OSRS) Mining is a skill in the game where players gather ores, gems, and other valuable materials from rocks scattered throughout the world. Mining is a great way to earn money and obtain materials needed for crafting and other skills.
I can give you a brief guide on mining in Old School RuneScape (OSRS):
- Starting: The first step in mining is to get yourself a pickaxe. You can purchase one from the Grand Exchange or Bob’s Axes in Lumbridge. Once you have a pickaxe, you can start mining.
- Mining rocks: You can mine various rocks in OSRS, each with its requirements and rewards. Some common rocks include copper, tin, iron, coal, gold, mithril, adamantine, and reunite. To mine a rock, left-click on it with your pickaxe.
- Levelling up: As you mine, you’ll gain experience points (XP) to help you level up. The higher your mining level, the better rocks you’ll be able to mine and the more experience and money you’ll earn.
- Mining spots: There are various locations throughout OSRS where you can mine rocks. Some popular mining spots include the Mining Guild, the Motherlode Mine, and the Wilderness Resource Area.
- Mining techniques: You can use a few techniques to make mining more efficient. For example, you can drop your ores while mining to save inventory space or use a mining bag or gem bag to store extra ores or gems.
- Profit: Mining can be a profitable skill in OSRS. You can sell the ores you mine on the Grand Exchange or use them for training other skills like Smithing or Crafting. Higher-level ores like gold, mithril, and reunite can be especially valuable.
Overall, mining can be a slow but rewarding skill in OSRS. Keep at it; you’ll soon be mining the best ores and making a tidy profit!
Top 6 Best Practices for OSR Mining
Here are 6 best practices for OSRS mining that can help you maximize your efficiency and profitability:
- Choosing the Right Location: The mining location is critical in OSRS. It is important to consider proximity to the bank, the type of rocks available, and the competition. For example, the Mining Guild has a bank nearby and is a good location for iron ore mining. In contrast, the Motherlode Mine is great for AFK mining, but you won’t find high-level ores.
- Use the Best Pickaxe Available: Using the best pickaxe you can wield is a key factor in mining efficiency. Upgrading your pickaxe will reduce the time it takes to mine rocks, increasing your XP rates and profits. You can buy pickaxes from Bob’s Axes in Lumbridge or the Grand Exchange.
- Wear the Best Mining Gear: Wearing the best mining gear will increase your mining speed and XP rates. Some recommended items include the Prospector outfit, Varrock armour, and mining gloves. These items are available as rewards from various quests and minigames.
- Utilize Banking: Banking is essential to maximize profits and efficiency while mining. Always have a teleportation method to the bank available, such as using the teleport spell or a ring of duelling. Using a familiar or a mining bag to store extra ores is also a good idea.
- Train with the Help of Friends: Training mining with a friend or in a group can make it more enjoyable and efficient. Mining in a group can increase your XP rates, and having a friend to chat with can make the grind feel less tedious.
- Set Goals and Track Progress: Setting and tracking your progress can help you stay motivated and focused on your mining journey. Goals could be reaching a certain mining level, mining a certain amount of ores, or earning a certain amount of money. Use a notepad or a spreadsheet to track your progress and adjust your goals.
Following these best practices can maximize your mining efficiency and profits in OSRS.