A “Risky Business” costume is typically inspired by the iconic outfit worn by Tom Cruise in the 1983 movie “Risky Business.” To create this costume, you will need the following:
- The white button-up shirt should be a plain, white, long-sleeved shirt.
- Boxer shorts: Tom Cruise famously wore a pair of white briefs in the movie, but you could also use boxers if you prefer.
- Socks: You will need a pair of long white socks, ideally with a stripe at the top.
- Wayfarer sunglasses: The character in the movie wears a pair of Ray-Ban Wayfarer sunglasses, so try to find a similar style.
To put the costume together, put on a white button-up shirt, white boxers or briefs, and long white socks. Slip on a pair of Wayfarer sunglasses to complete the look. You can also add additional props, such as a fake microphone or a candlestick, to enhance the costume.
It’s worth noting that this costume is intended to be humorous and a bit tongue-in-cheek, but some people may find it offensive or inappropriate. It’s important to be respectful and considerate of others when choosing a costume and to make sure it is appropriate for the event or occasion.
Boost Your RISKY BUSINESS COSTUME With These Tips
If you want to boost your “Risky Business” costume and take it to the next level, here are a few tips:
- Add a wig: Tom Cruise’s character had short, messy hair in the movie, so consider adding a wig or styling your hair to match the look.
- Use body makeup: To recreate the iconic scene from the movie where Tom Cruise slides across the floor in his underwear, you can use body makeup or face paint to create the illusion of floor scuff marks on your legs and back.
- Wear dress shoes: Instead of barefoot or sneakers, try wearing a pair to give the outfit a more polished look.
- Customize your shirt: You can also customize your white button-up shirt by adding black lines or stripes to match the character’s shirt from the movie.
- Carry a prop: To further enhance the costume, consider carrying a prop associated with the movie, such as a fake microphone or a briefcase.
Remember to be respectful and considerate when choosing a costume and ensure it is appropriate for the event or occasion. With these tips, you can take your “Risky Business” costume to the next level and have some fun.